A lot of clients have complained to me that updating their computer to Windows 10 slowed down it’s performance significantly. There’s a reason for this: if you open your Task Manager, you will see that your Disk Usage constantly hovers close to 100%. The result is your hard drive taking too long to fetch information and your computer slows to a crawl. This is caused by two new Windows services included in Windows 10, ironically, to speed up the performance of your computer!
To disable these services follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and “R” on your keyboard simultaneously to bring up the “Run” window.
2. Type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) into the box and press Enter to bring up the list of Windows Services.
3. Scroll down until you see “Superfetch” in the list.
4. Right click on the Superfetch service, and click “Properties.”
5. Under the field for “Startup Type” change the selection from “Automatic” to “Disabled” and click “OK.”
6. Scroll down in the list again until you see “Windows Search” and perform the same steps to disable it as well.
7. Restart your computer, and notice the performance increase!
If you’re not comfortable tampering with your system’s services, or if you’ve tried the above steps and your computer is still running slow, you should schedule a consultation with Shreveport Fix IT today. One of our technicians will make sure your computer is running as fast as the day you bought it. Visit our CONTACT US page to call or email us and get back the performance you paid for!